- Sit quietly
- Breathe out a few times with a sigh
- Then let your breath flow freely and focus on the rhythm of your breath
- Let your mind become empty
- Let it be filled with the rhythmic ‘"out" and "in" of your breath
- Become the movement of your breath
(there’s no concentration here on the breath but a meditation in the breath)
- Allow your breath to happen
- The movement flows from letting go (outbreath) to allowing something new to arise (inbreath)
to letting go again (out).
- The breath moves in a circle – much like the circle of a wheel
A more advanced meditation on the breath:
- Each outbreath offers up the conditionings and concepts of the self. Each inbreath reaches past the conditioned self into the depth of Being.
- The outbreath melts away past conditioning. The inbreath connects you to the essential part of your inner nature
- During the outbreath you can hand yourself over to the selfless ground. During the inbreath let trust support the movement towards something new.
A continued meditation on the breath will create and enhance this trust.